Sunday, May 29, 2011

Efficient Me !

Ever since I started writing (about myself, as is always the case) I've been deprecating myself consistently in my blogs. Hey, someone has to criticize me, right? "I do it so I always remain grounded", is what I say. But ask me after a few beers and I'll let it out that I'm very afraid of getting assaulted by someone who disapproves of what I write about them. Anyway, I was so smug about this practice until someone told me that people who make fun of themselves are actually more egoistic than others. So I have made a decision to intersperse such entries with some factual ones now and then. (Please note, as I write this I'm being strongly distracted by some lovely ladies running around in skimpy skirts on tv... some French Open or something).

Coming back to the topic, one may ask what is so efficient about me. In fact, if you had studied or worked with me at some point in the past, you might even start feeling nauseous at this point. But before you mess up whatever is in front of you, let me add that this efficiency is not in academics or work or any of those mundane activities we waste the best parts of our lives on. This efficiency works in a way that is not so obvious. Its end result on the other hand, definitely is. You just need to take a look at me to see it. Let me explain.

We need to eat so that we can sustain ourselves, so that we have the energy to do our day to day activities. (Some of us eat for entirely different reasons, but lets not get into that now.) The more active your lifestyle is, the more food you need to consume. Unless your aim is to get into Kareena Kapoor's pants. (Hey, don't get me wrong here. I was referring to her size zero trousers.) In this aspect, most people are normal. Which means, they consume six to eight rotis, a handful of rice, some dal, couple of vegetables, 3-4 "chai"s with snacks or chaat, etc. in a day; which then provides them just enough energy to go to office, work for ten hours, return home, watch TV, play with the kid, fight with the spouse and sleep.

When I say I'm efficient, what I mean is this. In a day I eat a maximum of 6 rotis, 2 "chai"s, 2 fresh fruit juices, some dal, some vegetables and maybe a muffin. I avoid rice, or "chaat" or any other "energy-rich" junk food at all costs. I take the bus to office, work 8 to 10 hours a day, walk atleast a couple of miles in office (what with my employers setting up a 43 acre theme park and calling it an office), return home, watch TV, then run like a madman around my colony for 30 minutes, and then sleep. And yet, my body amazingly manages to add atleast an inch around my waist every month on a regular basis. Now, if this is not efficiency, what is?

By the way, if anyone is looking to make plans with me, I'll be busy next week. Apparently the Japs are coming to town to take a look at me.

1 comment:

Nishant said...

nee vegetarian aayo?